After a weekend in Portland, I was back on a plane this morning and heading south to Laguna Niguel to join friends Seth Goldman who founded Honest Tea and Adam Lowry who founded Method on a panel at the Fortune Brainstorm Green conference here. We are talking about small challenger brands, taking on mass brands. Should be good.
There is a curious disconnect between the objectives of the Conference - bringing Fortune 100 leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators together to advance sustainability at a property as massive and unsustainable as the Ritz Carlton. I see a connection between this juxtaposition and the fact that for a solid 20 years a mere 15% of Americans regard themselves as "green" consumers. Are the remaining 85% somewhat cynical perhaps?! Will investigate!