For diapers, the convenience is the key to the product's popularity but the cost to the environment and to the babies who wear them is also emerging. And both fast food and diapers started out around the same time with the same idea...offer consumers convenience for that special occasion. Neither was designed to be consumed daily, but here we are. On any given day across America, 49 million diapers go into landfill. That is 20 billion (that'd be nine zeros) diapers each year...for a product that is used by 5% of the population for about 3-4 hours, that is pretty amazing.
Even if 85% of American parents don't ever consider gDiapers as an option that still leaves 15% who might think about it. If 5 % of those folks try it and 1% choose it, then that's a pretty good result for the planet and us. And for every 1,000 customers we get on board, we keep 5,000,000 diapers out of landfill. That's not bad!